We want the people of St. Lucie County to have the most professional criminal justice services possible. We will accomplish this by providing responsive, quality, cost-effective service.
We will honor the public trust by treating others with respect and dignity; communicating with the public openly and honestly; respecting and caring for the environment; carefully selecting our workforce and providing equal employment opportunity for all; treating our employees with respect; rewarding employees who demonstrate superior performance; encouraging our employees to take positive action through innovation and teamwork; and making responsible use of public resources.
The St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office pledges to protect life and property and maintain order through a continuing commitment to service, integrity, the highest standard of ethics, and respect for individual rights in a diverse population.
We will focus on community service, invest in the workforce and live within our means.
We will focus on community service by:
- Cutting red tape
- Improving effectiveness of internal support services
- Improving our interaction with the community to promote greater understanding
- Improving public awareness of Sheriff's Office services
- Involving employees in goal setting and ongoing improvement efforts
- Listening and responding to our residents and visitors
- Planning, initiating, implementing and evaluating thoroughly our programs and projects
- Supporting the priorities of our community
Invest in the Workforce
We will invest in the workforce by:
- Achieving market competitiveness in wages and benefits
- Involving employees in decisions that affect them
- Responding to employee suggestions
- Treating employees as customers
Live Within Our Means
We will live within our means by:
- Emphasizing preventive maintenance
- Focusing on continuous improvement of quality, productivity, efficiency and effectiveness
- Operating within budgetary limits and adhering to financial policies
- Seeking new sources of funding